Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Date Night


Last week Ian and I went out to dinner at one of our favorite spots, El Centro D.F.  Being west coasters Ian and I LOVE Mexican food and were so disappointed by our options in DC, until we found El Centro, that is.  El Centro has a great roof top bar and serves the best chips and salsa in town! They also have really good margaritas. They have happy hour on the roof daily from 5-7 and during the summer Ian and I would meet there after work to grab a margarita (or two) and some chips and salsa before heading downstairs for dinner. 


Their chips and salsa and margaritas would have me coming back on a regular basis on their own, but El Centro also has the best pork carnitas tacos I have ever had. I order them every single time I go. Ian tried the fish tacos once, but thought the pork tacos were better and now orders them every time too. For some unknown reason, they took the carnitas tacos off the menu months ago. I was heartbroken when I saw that they were missing. Luckily, you can still order them off the menu (and you get to feel really cool doing it ;) ). 


I meant to take pictures of our food, but I was enjoying it so much I completely forgot! (The photos from in this post are from El Centro's website except for the first which is from washingtonblade.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment