Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fall Vegetable Hash



The other day I was cruising around the interwebs and stumbled across a vegetable hash recipe. I thought to myself, "Huh, that looks pretty good and easy" and was then distracted by something (probably a crying baby) and forgot to save the link. I no longer have a clue as to where I saw the recipe so apologies in advance to whomever I'm ripping off.  Here's my version:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop whatever fall veggies you like (I chose carrots, parsnips, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and onions) so they are all a similar size about one to one and a half inches. Place on a foil lined baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil until veggies are coated. Add salt and pepper.  Place in oven and roast for about 30 minutes or until veggies are cooked through and begin to turn golden brown.  

Meanwhile, saute half an onion until translucent then add half a pound of sausage to the pan. Cook through and toss the cooked veggies in the pan and give it a couple of stirs. Turn the heat to low. In another pan fry an egg over easy. Plate the veggie/sausage mix and place egg on top. Bon appetit!

1 comment: