Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

After over a month in the house, Ian and I are finally feeling like the place is coming together. We still have to flush out a few spaces and search for a couple pieces of furniture, but we are getting close! Now it's time to focus on the nursery! Here's a little inspiration board of what I'm planning: 


I want to paint the walls aqua, but aqua can be tough...too bright and it's garish too light and it doesn't have enough pop. I've picked up a few paint samples and plan to put the on the walls this week. Once I get the wall color finalized, we can start picking out fun accent pieces. I'm planning to bring in more color with pops of yellow and pink, while keeping the room grounded with some grey and white neutrals. I have a pretty clear vision in my head of what I want to achieve, now I just have to see if I can execute it!

Sources: Glider and pouf, balloon dog lamp from Target, Mickalene Thomas printarea rug, hamper, Penguin Book inspired postercrib,  and dresser.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! We did yellow walls with aqua curtains and some blue and green animal stickers and it turned out pretty cute. Please post pics when it's all done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds adorable Eugenia! I'll definitely post pics when the nursery is complete...hopefully before baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors. Can't wait to see it all come together. Happy nesting!

    ReplyDelete