Monday, April 22, 2013

For Your Monday (and house hunting update)

Our soon-to-be new home! Photo by Ian's brother Andrew
Well, what a week, right? Ugh, with the events in Boston and the stress of negotiating the purchase of our first home, I haven't felt much like blogging. Ian and I flew into Portland last Friday and began our house hunting in earnest the next morning.  As you know from my post last week, I was starting to feel a bit discouraged by the limited number of homes for sale in Portland and felt our chances of finding the right home for us were slim.  Imagine my surprise when the first house we viewed was practically our dream home! Ian and I fell in love with it right away. While we saw about a dozen other homes over the weekend none of them gave us that same feeling as the first home. We decided to put an offer in on Sunday afternoon (there were 6 offers altogether on the home!!!!!), and found out on Monday morning that the sellers accepted our offer! We are thrilled! Now I just have to sit tight until we close on May 17th. Please send good thoughts our way. I don't think I'll believe the house is really ours until I have the keys in my hand!

Enjoy these links!

The women of the Bauhaus.

Have you heard of HBO's new show Vice? Ian and I haven't caught an episode yet, but we're looking forward to watching it.

LOVE these ceramics! Via Design Sponge.

What a great dog costume.

A pretty wallpaper pattern. Maybe I'll find a spot for it in our new house!

A history of culinary revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment