Tuesday, January 28, 2014

To Gramma's House We Go!

I'm finally getting around to posting about our trip to Arizona. Gussie was a champ and was cheerful or sleeping on both flights. I was so worried that she'd scream the whole time or experience pain in her ears from altitude changes, so it was a relief that she did so well.


We had a really nice time in Arizona. It was great to get some quality family time in with Gramma and Aunt Joan and to catch up with cousins that I hadn't seen in ages. And of course, we had to get a four-generation picture (thanks Uncle Dan for taking the photo)!

 I love this photo of my Gramma and Gussie!



It's citrus season in Arizona right now and the orange/grapefruit/lemon trees were all so pretty with their colorful fruit hanging from their limbs. Gramma even picked some grapefruit for us for breakfast, such a treat!


A photo of me, my mom and Grandpa I found in one of Gramma's family albums. 

We spent one afternoon at the Desert Botanical Garden.  I loved seeing all the desert plants and the weather couldn't have been better. The Chihuly glass sculptures were on view, and while normally Chihuly isn't my cup of tea, I have to admit that they were pretty impressive and contrasted well with the plants. Lots of photos below!















I hope to get back to Arizona for another visit sometime soon and am glad we had an auspicious first trip with Gussie.



No comments:

Post a Comment