Friday, September 6, 2013

Introducing Augusta Jean


Ian and I are very proud to introduce Augusta Jean Parkman. Augusta "Gussie" arrived one week ago today. Born at 8:06 am she weighed in at 7lbs 3oz and measured 20 inches long. We had a very quick labor (almost too quick if that's possible?).  I went from 2 centimeters dilated to giving birth in less than two hours.  I only had to push twice! The delivery was a bit chaotic because no one was expecting it to progress so quickly and the nurses had to rush to get things ready (not to mention my iv got pulled out and I was splurtting blood everywhere). Luckily my doctor was very calm and collected which was reassuring.  I did get an epidural but ended up giving birth before it had time to kick in so the doctor said he'd call it an all natural childbirth.  I can now understand how women end up having babies on the way to the hospital...

Gussie and I are both recovering very well. She is just as sweet as can be and we are having so much fun getting to know her!

No comments:

Post a Comment