Friday, March 15, 2013

Chocolate Mousse


I love this quick, easy chocolate mousse recipe by Giada De Laurentiis. I've read through several other chocolate mousse recipes and I think this is the fastest and simplest. While I haven't tasted the other recipes for comparison, I can certainly vouch for the tastiness of this one.

Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs white

To make the mousse, in a small saucepan stir the milk together with the granulated sugar and the espresso powder over medium heat until the milk is hot, but not boiling, and sugar is dissolved.

Place the chocolate chips in a blender. Pour the hot milk over the chips. Run the blender on high until combined, just a few seconds, then add the egg whites and run the blender on high until light, about 1 minute. Transfer the mousse to 4 small serving cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about three hours.

(Giada recommends serving with whipped cream, but I think berries are great alternative when you don't have any whipping cream on hand)

No comments:

Post a Comment