Thursday, June 5, 2014

Rose City

A neighbor's rose.
This time of year it's easy to see why Portland is nicknamed Rose City.  They are everywhere! It seems like you can stand on any corner in the city and see at least one rose bush. My iphone camera is full of photos of roses, so I thought I'd share a few...
Peninsula Park
We have the good fortune of living walking distance from Peninsula Park, which happens to be Portland's oldest rose garden, and went for a family stroll the other day. Gorgeous!!!
Peninsula Park

Peninsula Park
Peninsula Park
Peninsula Park
Peninsula Park
Peninsula Park
Neighborhood rose tree
This year we planted three new rose bushes (one was a gift from my grandparents) and I can't wait to see them grow. All of my fingers are crossed that I don't kill them!
One of our new blooms.
Plus last year's garden surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment