Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall Coziness

Well, Ian and I are both home from work again today due to Sandy. Although DC wasn't impacted too much by the storm (sending good thoughts to our neighbors to the north where things are much worse!), schools and city services like the metro were closed through today as a precaution, and most business have followed suit. After a quick trip to Georgetown to check on the gallery and get some fresh air, Ian and I have resumed being couch potatoes.  

Last spring, my friend Kathryn and I hit up some barn sales in Virginia. It was a fun day trip and we enjoyed hunting for treasures. While we ended up not coming home with much, I found a set of owl mugs that I fell in love with and had to bring home. I've been waiting for fall to arrive to pull them out and today seemed like the perfect day.  I made a pot of tea and some spice cake with whipped cream for an afternoon snack. 

Yum!

I love how whimsical the design is and how each mug has three little scenes on it. Perfect for hot cider, cocoa, or tea. 


So cute! 

 Their new home on our bar.

A close up.

I recently stopped by Anthropologie to stock up on candles. I'm obsessed with their Capri Blue Jar, Volcano candle and picked up one of those, but stumbled across a new-to-me brand called Alexei. They had a few great fall scents to choose from, but I decided on "Fireside." One of the things I miss most about our home in Oregon is having a fireplace! This candle is about as close as I'm going to get to a log fire here in DC.

The Fireside candle making our home smell great!
(I just realized this picture looks like a shrine to Ian and I, ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment